Foundry Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Company: Mueller Water Products
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Mueller, the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control
devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an
immediate opening on 3rd shift in our Decatur, Illinois
manufacturing plant for a Foundry Production Supervisor. The
Decatur Operations established in 1857, manufacturers rugged and
dependable devices used in industrial/commercial applications. Its
products include brass water and steel gas valves, Water/Gas Line
tapping machines, Line Stopper Fittings, tools, and
The Foundry Production Supervisor effectively plans and implements
work for assigned production areas ensuring parts or materials and
manpower are available for the shop to perform the work.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Plans engineering changes for assigned shops and coordinates
into production when appropriate.
- Performs capacity analyses by specific work center and makes
capital equipment recommendations.
- Implements flow manufacturing techniques where
- Plan and lead the activities of production processes and
personnel on various shifts during the manufacturing/assembly of
- Partner with the Production Manager, Production Planning, and
Materials departments to establish production priorities and
- Direct production operations in accordance with established
priorities and sequences for manufacturing products using knowledge
of production processes and methods, machine and equipment
capabilities and skilled labor.
- Assist Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Engineering
personnel in testing, troubleshooting, and modifying processes to
improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of
- Meet or exceed goals established for safety, labor
efficiencies, schedule attainment, scrap, rework, and any other
production related goals.
- Initiate, suggest, and implement plans to motivate, empower,
and develop workers to achieve work goals in a team
- Supervise and assist in the set-up, operation, troubleshooting
and maintenance of various automated machines, assembly equipment
and/or machining centers.
- Obtain critically needed products from material as directed,
performing any necessary operations / processes to expedite
requirements toward production plans.
- Implement lean techniques and principles such as 5S,
standardized work, waste identification and elimination, value
stream mapping, team based multi-skilled workforce, one piece flow
technology, visual factory concepts, and total productive
- Provides other support to production and management as
Required Experience And/or Education
- Bachelors degree in business, engineering, or related field or
- 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing environment involving
high speed machining.
- Outstanding PC/Systems knowledge and skills.
- Strong leadership, communications, and interpersonal skills
with ability to interact with all levels of employees, customers,
and outside professionals.
Perks Of Joining Our Team
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Other Benefits Also Available
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other
category protected by law.by Jobble
Keywords: Mueller Water Products, Decatur , Foundry Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift, Professions , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!