Lab Support Technician Part-Time Evenings Weekends
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
This is a part-time (18 hours per week) Weekend evening position
at St. Mary's Hospital in Centralia IL. Hours are Friday, Saturday
and Sunday 12 to 6 pm.Under direct supervision, this position
performs routine laboratory tasks according to procedures. May
perform phlebotomy and/or waived testing. May also perform a
variety of general clerical duties to support the laboratory
department, including receptionist and secretarial support,
admission activities, and order entry processing.PRIMARY
- Assists customers including answering phones and responding to
- Assists laboratory staff in the daily operation of the lab by
collecting, labeling, processing and preserving blood, urine and
other specimens according to established laboratory
- Enters, accesses and executes lab orders in the appropriate
laboratory and electronic medical record system.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory supplies and work area.
- May update statistical records, labels tubes, and schedules
- May perform phlebotomy and/or waived testing.
- Identifies patients using two identifiers.
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties
including admission activities, insurance verification, order entry
processing and medical record processing.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- High School diploma or equivalent or equivalent years of
experience and educationEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing. Associated topics: alcohol test, equipment,
internship, lab tech, lab technician, laboratory support,
laboratory technician, qc, quality, scientific associate
Keywords: SSM Health, Decatur , Lab Support Technician Part-Time Evenings Weekends, Professions , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!