Production Supervisor - 2nd
Company: Stratas Foods
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Production Supervisor - 2nd
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the
Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in
North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged
dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in
October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies
(ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX;
Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN;
and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We
are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing
the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to
make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team
capable of meeting our business goals.
This position is responsible for the safe and effective use of all
people, time and material in meeting assigned production schedules.
Safety, sanitation, housekeeping, GMP standards, problem solving
ability as well as good employee relations are considered key
elements to success.
1. The Production Supervisor will assist in the control and
regulation of packaging operations by maintaining standard
operating procedures, making prescribed changes and adjustments
when necessary, and maintaining daily productions rates, yield,
quality, and line efficiencies according to customer
2. Assist in maintaining the budget limits as established for the
3. The Production Supervisor will direct the work force performance
through proper administration of the Company policies. Discipline
directly where necessary to maintain control of operations.
4. Administer safety/health programs to meet current OSHA and
5. Direct the labor force to maintain clean housekeeping areas in
meeting GMP and Quality System established standards. This includes
employee work practices and the proper cleaning of packaging
6. Ensure compliance with all safety, food safety, environmental,
GMP rules, regulations and policies.
7. The Production Supervisor will obtain and maintain line
efficiencies through the supervision and administration of the
Maintenance program with the assistance of production employees,
and the Maintenance Department
8. Attend scheduled safety and GMP meetings.
9. Train personnel in proper safety and operation techniques.
10. Communicate shift activities to plant management on a daily
11. Other duties as assigned by the plant management.
12. Ensure manufacturing/shipping quality, quantity, efficiency and
maintenance of area.
13. Act as fill in for other supervisors and lead persons in the
area in which they work in the case of an absence.
Education: High School diploma is required. Bachelor s Degree in
operations, technical, business or engineering is preferred.
Related Experience: 3-5 years manufacturing experience preferably
in food packaging, process, and /or food safety and security.
Previous supervisory experience/leadership experience
Equipment/Software Skills: Must be PC literate with working
knowledge of MS Office, and Outlook
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner
prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of
race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national
origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family
status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status,
and any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Stratas Foods, Decatur , Production Supervisor - 2nd, Professions , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!