Commercial Services Sales Team Lead - Merch
Company: Midland States Bank
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Midland States Bank, we believe that when we can bring our
whole selves to work each day, we become happier, more comfortable,
more confident and more excited to do great things for our
customers, each other and our company. We're proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. At Midland, we
recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
veteran status. If you are looking for a place to grow, we
encourage you to apply at Midland States Bank, because you belong
here.Position SummaryThe Commercial Services Sales Team Leader is
responsible for leading and managing the day-to-day activities of a
Commercial Services sales team. The Team Leader will also
originate, maintain, and service a designated high-value portfolio
of client relationships. The Team Leader oversees the team's
portfolio, establishes and maintains ongoing relationships, and
supports cross line functions that promote customer relationship
development. The Team Leader works directly with the Commercial
Services sales and support staff to provide guidance and
accountability towards achieving the team's goals.Primary
- Proven ability to manage and grow an assigned Merchant Services
- Proven ability to generate a minimum of $25,000 in new
Commercial Services revenues (Merchant Services) on an annual
- Proven ability to generate a minimum of $60,000 in new
Commercial deposits annually.
- Lead the Merchant Team to meet the 2022 annual goal on
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in interfacing with Gateways, POS
Systems, and Clover Equipment products.
- Ability to maintain and grow their Merchant Portfolio annually,
including increasing interchange revenue as well as upgrading
clients Merchant equipment.
- Maintain an active list of self-sourced prospects and conduct
well planned and value added joint calls.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for all clients and prospects on
how to refer and bring other MSB resources to the relationship on
an ongoing basis.
- Ability to analyze Commercial Services data, structures,
develop and negotiate transactions, and perform on-going Commercial
Services maintenance items.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Oversees and facilitates the development of banking
relationships by guiding staff and acting as a resource to the
- Leads the team's sales meetings and conducts check-ins
regularly with staff.
- Proficiency in applicable computer systems such as programs
that pertain to the related position.
- Complete all training as required.
- Minimum of 25 hours per year in organizational involvement that
directly enhances business opportunities for the Bank and supports
the Bank's initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Position
- Bachelor Degree Finance, Business, Accounting, or other related
- Minimum 5 years' (10 years preferred) experience in Commercial
Services/ Merchant Services.
- Proven ability to originate and manage a diverse portfolio of
- Proven management and leadership skills.
- Successful completion of bank training specific to
- Direct Sales experience of 5-10 years
- Proven success of meeting or exceeding prior years' goals for
the prior three years.
- Developed concentration in Commercial and Industrial, or
- Business insight
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives results
- Makes sound decisions
- Being a brand champion
- Communicates effectively
- Customer focus
- Being Authentic
- Emotional Intelligence
- Self development
- Being flexible and adaptableIf you require reasonable
accommodation in completing this application, interviewing,
completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating
in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to
Midland States Bank Human Resources at HR@midlandsb.com.THIS JOB
DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Keywords: Midland States Bank, Decatur , Commercial Services Sales Team Lead - Merch, Sales , Effingham, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!