Commercial Loan Officer
Company: First Neighbor Bank
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Responsible for analyzing and making loans within First Neighbor's
quality and risk guidelines; ensures applicable lending policies
and procedures are followed; promotes business by referring
customers to appropriate First Neighbor staff and by maintaining
superior customer service.
1. Represents First Neighbor to the public; markets loan products
2. Develops and maintains own loan portfolio with all the essential
duties and responsibilities it requires.
3. Solicits new loan customers; informs prospective clients about
First Neighbor's competitive loan products; retains and expands
existing customer relationships; personally calls on customers and
4. Counsels customers regarding existing loans, financial requests,
financing terms and options and other related requests.
5. Screens credit applications and analyzes financial statements to
determine credit potential; independently approves or denies credit
within First Neighbor's guidelines.
6. Composes loan narratives for presentation to loan committees
7. Coordinates the loan documentation process by working with loan
support staff and other parties to ensure that all necessary and
appropriate loan documents are prepared and obtained.
8. Reviews completed loan document files and initiates secondary
review that is logged.
9. Identifies and monitors credit problems; calls customers
regarding past due accounts, related overdrafts, late payments and
non-sufficient fund activity.
10. Complies and stays up-to-date with all First Neighbor's
policies and procedures as well as federal and state
laws/regulations; with emphasis on privacy and confidentiality.
11. Acts and serves as an Officer for First Neighbor by serving on
committees and when dealing with customers, potential customers and
employees. Opens and closes branch facilities; stays current with
First Neighbor's security policies and procedures.
12. Assist co-workers in performing teller and customer service
duties as needed.
13. Promotes and sells appropriate First Neighbor products and
services. Makes appropriate referrals to First Neighbor's
investment centers and tax and accounting service.
14. Demonstrates and encourages positive professional relationships
and level headedness in all interactions with all customers,
co-workers, and contacts. Keeps emotions under control and speaks
in a respectful tone of voice.
15. Represents First Neighbor at various civic and community
functions to enhance its image and develop new business.
Bachelor's Degree preferred; Three years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination and experience.
Keywords: First Neighbor Bank, Decatur , Commercial Loan Officer, Other , Arthur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!